I find the government's priorities completely out of order. On the eve of a likely government shut down, just thinking about the hypocrisy of approving a budget that will be blatantly ignored makes me a little crazy. But on to more pleasant things.
After my stint in Texas, I spent a glorious 2 weeks in Des Moines, slept in my own bed, and spent every possible minute with Aaron. I was even glad to see Meggin (the cantankerous dog). It wasn't all fun and games though; I worked at MMCC least one day, and spent the rest studying for COMLEX PE and CE. I flew to Philly for less than a day to take the (stupid) practical exam, and the next week I rocked the multiple choice portion. When I wasn't studying I was working on residency applications and dragging my feet about writing a personal statement, which I find to be the most painful task on the planet. It's all a bit of a blur, but I'm sure we did a few fun things (I hope?), something beyond my much anticipated daily walk to the mailbox & garden (thrilling). Unfortunately I can't think of anything at the moment, which is terrible.
So, in retrospect, it might not been exciting enough a time period to be post-worthy, but to me it was fantastic and just what I needed. NYC memories next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment