I've not exactly been faithful to the blogging resolution. To be honest, I gave a paper journal a try, but the fact that its a lot of work to put in pictures makes me not as enthusiastic. So I'm giving this another try. I'm sitting in the SGF airport awaiting my flight to Chicago and on to LaGuardia. The leaving gets harder every single time, I think. As much as I enjoy our adventures around the country, I miss Missouri and the country and my family and everything else here that I love. It was a quick trip and I nearly didn't get here. I flew in Friday evening to Dallas, missed my connection, and ended up flying to Tulsa. Ashley and Jordan were kind enough to retrieve me in the middle of the night; otherwise it would have been mid-day Saturday before I got in, leaving me less than 24 hours at home. Yesterday was a gloriously lazy day with Ashley and Mom, and a few hours with Daddy while he came in to rest between chores. We laughed a lot, took a long walk, and just enjoyed each others' company. Jordan joined us and the four of them sang Happy Birthday, with Daddy starting with an operatic theme and then switching to a Louis Armstrong sound (which was surprisingly accurate). I never get tired of the silliness. This morning Mom and I spent a couple of hours with Meme, where I ate too much and the time wasn't long enough.
I wish I could stay just a few more hours. Or days. Or permanently--I feel so guilty leaving, I feel like I'm missing so much. I'm hoping Texas will make it easier to get home, easier for them to visit. As appealing as a military career is, I don't want to spend the next 20 years somewhere other than home. Aaron has been house-hunting in San Antonio this weekend, which has become a much more stressful endeavor than I had imagined. I've lost my patience; every house looks the same, and the ones that don't are off the market before you can schedule a showing. It's been a little tricky finding places that we both think are appealing. I know something will turn up, but I hate the waiting interrupted by a few days of anxiety and frantic activity.
It's boarding time on my "stick of gum" airplane. Until next time, some pictures to remind me of home:
Tulsa, whoops.
I love this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment