Thursday, February 13, 2014

Indian Food

Last night my preceptor (the fast talking Indian) invited Aaron and I over for dinner.  Despite being a challenge to understand, he's super nice and is a great teacher.  Anyway, his wife cooked an authentic Indian meal, and she was kind enough to tame down the spicy for what she referred to as our "American palate".  The food was great and the company was even better.  Our hosts were incredibly gracious and we left super full and a little liquored up. 

This weekend we're making a quick visit to Missouri to see family and go to Jenn H's baby shower (so exciting!).  If some car shopping occurs while we are there I can't complain; I was hoping the little car would make it through med school but I'm a little doubtful.  Right now it makes a growling noise that is pretty suspicious, and at one point Aaron couldn't get it out of park.  Not good.  I'd like to just sell it immediately and not risk finding out what is wrong with it (and subsequently paying for it), but I couldn't do that to someone.  Even if I really want to...

In the Healer's Art class I took last year we talked about 3 specific daily journal prompts that can make your writing a little more...inspired?  Deep?  That doesn't sound like me, but it sounds like a good idea for giving a little structure to my ramblings.  Unfortunately, I can't think of them, so until I get home and have a chance to look them up it's going to be continued random topics.

No comments: