We had less that 2 days to spend together, but we made the most of it. I got home late Friday, so Saturday we spent the day at the World Food & Music Fest downtown. We ate gyros, Israeli hot dogs (is that a real thing?) and the most fabulous Nutella crepes that ever existed. Here's some photo documentation of the fun we had.
Best. Crepes. Ever.
Afterward we roamed around Downtown Des Moines, stopped for coffee, and went to church. Sunday morning came way too soon, and we were back at the airport.
Las Vegas was even more ridiculous than I imagined. Literally slot machines everywhere. In the airport. in gas stations, restaurants, everywhere. I gathered my rental car, picked up keys to the house, and was surprised to find I was staying in a house with minimal furnishings. No soap, no toilet paper, no bed linens, no living room furniture, and worst of all--no internet. Blah. The rotations at Nellis & UNLV were...okay. Not really anything super exciting. I'm definitely glad I ranked SAMMC #1 on my military rank list. I think the best thing that came out of the rotation was a great roommate and new friend who is also rotating at Einstein ER after LV. It was also great seeing Josh & Charity Baker while they were in town for the AOFP conference. We went for dinner and ice cream, and afterward I accidently drove down the strip, fulfilling my obligatory LV Strip experience.
Overall, the views in the desert were beautiful, and the weather was nice, but I missed actual grass and the ER experience was just pretty good.
Next post: Vacation & Philadelphia!



No comments:
Post a Comment