Here's a public service announcement: "hurted" and "worser" are not words. I do not care what dialect of English you are speaking, when you say those words you do not sound tough-guy gangsta, you sound straight-up ridiculous.
In somewhat related news, I had my first "run from the gunfire" experience in front of Einstein as I walked to the subway yesterday. I had just left the side doors of the building when I heard two "pops." The Midwesterner in me initially thought it was firecrackers; the Midwesterner transplanted to inner city Philly soon considered it was quite possibly not firecrackers. Moments later a flood of teenagers just out of school for the day went running down the cross street about 200 feet in front of me, and I decided if they thought it was gunfire, I should assume it was too. I stopped on the side street and just waited. In less than a minute a handful of officers were running toward the chaos. About that time I decided I would rather continue up the street, toward the fleeing crowd, and get the heck out of there than stand around and wonder what actually happen. I walked briskly toward the crowd and across the street to the subway entrance. This incident pretty much finalized my decision to avoid a residency at Einstein.
Other than random gun violence, things are perhaps getting a little better. My shift today was a pretty positive experience. I think I'm just traveled-out and need to hug Aaron, pet my dog, and sleep in my own bed. I'm exhausted.
On that note, goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment